John Lewis Boxing Day and January sales: quick links
The John Lewis Boxing Day sales started before Christmas began, with the ‘Winter Sale’ landing on Christmas Eve, but the deals are still showing, even if stock is starting to peter out.
As expected, the number of discounts available is vast, price cuts on everything from the latest consumer electronics to fashion and home appliances. We’ve been hard at working finding the good deals on the tech we actually rate – and we’ve given you the links you need below.
Got your shopping list at the ready? There’s a lot on offer today so we’ve put together a handy guide of today’s best John Lewis Boxing Day sales to help bag your readers a bargain.
John Lewis historically held fire on launching its sales until Boxing Day itself but this year’s Winter Sale follows the tradition from the retailer of offering a more general event across late November.
Of course, it’s joined by many other retailers today with the Boxing Day sales, although it’s safe to say John Lewis is still one of the best places to grab premium goods right now thanks to its extended warranties – something its rivals don’t tend to offer.
Because there’s a lot of ground to cover, we’ve separated everything out into easy to navigate sections for tech, home items, and fashion. If you’re looking for something specific, simply use the provided navigation links to jump straight to the category that’s relevant to you.
Or, alternatively, for a broad-strokes overview of what’s on today, see our highlights at the top of the page for the best John Lewis Boxing Day sales.
If you’re simply drawing up a shopping list to buy in-store later, you’ll also find information about openings (and safety) at the bottom of the page. We’ve also included links on where to find specific information on your local stores, although of course, we’re focusing on online sales only in this article.
John Lewis Boxing Day sale: quick links
- AllSaints: reduced to clear, plus an additional 20% off coats, shoes, and tops
- Apple: cheap AirPods, save £450 on a MacBook with trade-in, plus more
- Barbour: reduced to clear on men’s shoes, tops, and coats
- Coffee machines: free complimentary coffee and capsules with select purchases
- Fitbit: free pair of Jabra wireless earbuds with every FitBit Sense
- Fitness: up to 50% off men and women’s sportswear
- Garmin: save £30 on Garmin Venu smartwatches
- Headphones: save £80 on Sennheiser true wireless headphones
- Kitchen appliances: save up to £50 on stand mixers and air fryers
- Hugo Boss: reduced to clear on men’s formal wear, shirts, and coats
- Laptops: £200 cashback on Samsung laptops, plus 3-year guarantees
- Levi’s: reduced to clear on men’s jeans, shirts, and tops
- Mattresses: save up to £300 on John Lewis, Silentnight, and Tempur mattresses
- Phones: claim up to £300 with a trade-in on Apple and OnePlus devices
- Samsung: save up to £70 on Samsung headphones and Galaxy Buds
- Smart home: save up to £80 on Ring, Google Nest, and Philips Hue devices
- Sony Bravia: save up to £900, free pair of Sony wireless headphones with select TVs
- Tablets: save up to £150 on Samsung tablets, plus reduced to clear iPads
- Toys: save 20% on John Lewis own-brand toys and games
- TVs: save up to £300 on OLED TVs, plus soundbar bundles
- Women’s fashion: half-price women’s winter jackets and coats
- Vacuums: save up to £150 on Shark, Bosch, and AEG vacuum cleaners
John Lewis Boxing Day Sales: TV deals
Great sales on high-end TVs is a John Lewis specialty, which, coupled with incredibly generous extended warranty options, makes the retailer one of the very best places in the UK to be checking out OLED and QLED deals.
Today we’re seeing some price cuts ranging up to £400 on Panasonic OLEDs, as well as a great promotion on LG OLEDs which can bag you 21 free films from Rakuten TV.
John Lewis also has plenty of bundle options for those looking to pick up a cheap soundbar with their new set too. Right now, for example, they actually have a discount code that’s currently available on all Samsung TVs that will knock £50 off the cost of your soundbar when you purchase with an eligible set.
John Lewis Boxing Day Sales: laptop deals
Again, John Lewis tends to stock more upmarket choices when it comes to laptops, although you can find cheaper Chromebook options as well. Right now we’re seeing some great cashback options on Samsung Galaxy Books, and, on the cheaper end of things, a tidy £100 price cut on Asus Chromebooks.
Another great option right now is also the generous trade-in program John Lewis is running on all the new Apple MacBooks, which, while not giving you an upfront discount, could give you a hefty price cut of up to £450 if you’re trading in an old machine. It’s also offering reduced to clear prices on older Intel machines right now, although we’d only recommend picking these up if the new M1 chip machines are a bit out of your price range because the M1 processor is much faster.
John Lewis Boxing Day Sales: headphones and audio
John Lewis does premium audio tech really well, and, as you would expect – there are some good sales on today for Apple, Bang & Olufsen, and Sony headphones, including some of the lowest prices we’ve seen on the AirPods range.
For those looking for something a little cheaper, both Jabra and Samsung headphones have some great price cuts currently, which, in the case of Jabra specifically, could bag you some good wireless headphones for well under £100.
John Lewis Boxing Day Sales: smartwatch deals
There are smartwatch deals of all flavours available in today’s John Lewis Boxing Day sales, catering for both iOS and Android users. Currently, the retailer is offering reduced to clear prices on the now slightly older Apple Watch Series 5 (going for just £329 on the cellular version), which is a great option if you a flagship device with LTE, but don’t want to pay £400+ for the new Series 6. Also in effect are really generous trade-in cashback offers on the Apple Watches, which can give you an additional saving of £120 in total.
Not looking for an Apple Watch? Well, luckily there are also fantastic Boxing Day smartwatch sales on both Samsung and Garmin devices right now, which offer some great premium alternatives to the likes of Apple.
John Lewis Boxing Day sales: phones
John Lewis is a great place to pick up unlocked phones, especially Android devices, and we’re seeing some great price cuts today. Also of note is the wide array of generous cashback offers available right now that even extend to certain iPhone – the 11 Pro and XR in particular. You’ll have to trade-in to score the best discount on an Apple device, but if you’re looking for an outright discount, the good news is there are some available on both Samsung and OnePlus devices today.
Just above are our personal phone deal highlights in the John Lewis Boxing Day sales. We’ve also included a roundup of cheaper unlocked devices just down below.
John Lewis Boxing Day Sales: home and kitchen
- Blenders – free attachments and accessories with select purchases
- Coffee machines – free complimentary coffee and capsules with select purchases
- Cookers & ovens – additional warranties, half price installation, plus reduced to clear
- Refrigerators – additional 3-year warranties, free recycling, plus up to £150 off
- Washing machines – save up to £350 on Samsung, Zanussi, AEG washing machines
- Vacuums – save £149 on Bosch, Shark, and AEG vacuum cleaners
- Mattresses – save up to £300 on John Lewis, Silentnight, and Tempur mattresses
- Living & dining room – reduced to clear shelves, tables, and seating
- Bedroom – reduced to clear wardrobes, beds, and bedside tables
Home appliances and decor are of course one of John Lewis’ traditional strong suits as a retailer – offering tons of excellent own-brand items. The one thing that really sets John Lewis apart from the other top retailers in the UK is its extended warranty options, which are a fantastic thing to have on top of the various discounts we’ve listed just above.
Particular highlights include some generous price cuts on own brand and top-brand mattresses today, reduced to clear sales on both living room and bedroom furniture, and great discounts on Miele washing machines.
John Lewis Boxing Day Sales: clothing and fashion
- Women’s winter coats – save up to 50% on select reduced to clear items
- Women’s knitwear – reduced to clear on Allsaints, Hobbs, and hush items
- Handbags – save up to 50% on select reduced to clear items
- Women’s boots – save up to 50% on select reduced to clear items
- Levi’s – reduced to clear on men’s jeans, shirts, and tops
- Barbour – reduced to clear on men’s shoes, tops, and coats
- AllSaints – reduced to clear, plus an additional 20% off coats, shoes, and tops
- Hugo Boss – reduced to clear on men’s formal wear, shirts, and coats
The John Lewis Boxing Day sale features a massive array of reduced to clear items for both women’s and men’s fashion. If you’re looking for a nice discount on some premium coats for the winter, a new handbag, boots, or even some knitwear there are some fantastic discounts right now. We’ve rounded up the top offers just above, including those on well-known brands like Levi’s and AllSaints.
John Lewis Boxing Day Sales: FAQ
When will the John Lewis Boxing Day sales begin?
It’s already begun. With this ‘Winter Sale’, we’ve seen John Lewis launch its Boxing Day sales a whole two days early, which isn’t wholly expected – it tends to do this every year. This is also generally following the trend we’ve seen this year, and previous years, from retailers in both the UK and the US to stretch their sales out over longer periods over the holidays.
Will the John Lewis Boxing Day sales be available in-store?
John Lewis stores are closed on Boxing Day itself, with the first phase of its sale being online exclusively. Under normal circumstances, John Lewis Boxing Day sales would then be available in-store from the 27th of December and we haven’t seen anything yet to suggest they won’t be again this year.
That means most customers should be able to browse sales in-store in late December, although there are safety guidelines in place currently – including a queueing system, which John Lewis is using to keep shopper numbers in-store at reduced levels. Some of the retailer’s shops, mostly within the greater London area have also remained closed after the second national lockdown too, so you’ll want to check in to see if you’re store is affected before you make the journey.
You can check specific store time openings and the latest information by looking for your local John Lewis store here.
John Lewis delivery options
Next day delivery is available on the majority of items in the John Lewis catalogue, given you order your item by 8pm if it’s a small item, or 2pm if it’s larger. Unfortunately, unlike other retailers, John Lewis’ next day delivery does come with an upcharge, although there are free standard delivery options if you’re spending over £50.
Also available is a click and collect system, which is another handy option if you have a local store that’s available in your area.